Thursday 26 August 2010

THURSDAY 26TH AUGUST

Well " Ruby Tuesdays Vintage Home " has hit the news stand with an ad placed in Period Living magazine out today..........trouble is I am sooooo behind with loading the website with all the vintage goodies I have stocked up due to trying to entertain no less than four young children with some of the worst summer weather I can remember..........result.....website with not much on it ~ most items I did have on have sold through my ebay shop or antique centre this week but dont loose heart I have all manner of vintage goodies to load up the website with once the children have gone back to school next week and I can settle into some serious work here !!!

Have suitcases full of super vintage clothes from handmade 1920's lingerie, 1940's tea dresses and suits, delicate blouses, 1940's pj's, stilletoe shoes, handbags galore to mix in with loads of vintage jewellery from sparkly diamantes to chunky early plastic bangles.......so watch this space all will be revealed shortly.......also to follow are lots of vintage ladies toilet sets with some super talc tins ...........more welsh blankets and vintage curtains and some great original meat safes and sewing boxes ........... I cant wait to photograph and list them all but for now Im afraid its a childrens weekend of games and baking weather dependant of course !!

I have been pestering hubbie now for longer than I care to remember about getting some chickens, pref some rescue battery hens as being a veggie since 1990 animal welfare is big on my agenda,,,,,,but.........havnt managed to persuade him "yet"......now I have been left in charge of my good friend Nickys four lovely hens over the bank holiday weekend so I cant wait to wade in my wellies tommorow and pick up my first egg !!!!!!!!! just nipped over followed by two nosey children in pj's and dressing gown to put them to bed as living next to fields must beware of foxes and how delightful there they were all sitting ready in their coop for the night so all I had to do was shut the door !!!!!!!!!!!! how clever !!!!!!!! must remember to take my camera over tommorow and upload a few piccies of them....the hens not the children ha ha !!!
If I am lucky enough to get an egg or two tommorow boy wont my scrambled egg taste soooooooo much better..........

Have big plans to get this blog a tad more exciting for the vintage lovers out there seems Im going to be glued to my camera and computer over the coming months ~ never a dull moment......

As we live next to the fields were the hot air balloons go up thought I would treat you to this delightful view of one last week at 6am.......up up and away !!!!!!!!   

Up Up and away !!!!!!!!



A taster of vintage fashion to come........

No comments:

Post a Comment