Sunday 22 August 2010

SUNDAY 21ST AUGUST 2010

Well hello from Sunny Shropshire on one of the first sunny days we have had for a while.......I am totally new to "blogging" so please excuse my amateur attempts until I am finally up and running......what with trying to set this up along with my new website its been like the blind leading the blind as they say cos I dont know a thing I'm doing just seem to be feeling my way about but I'll get there in the end.......any tips from you professional "bloggers" out there in cyperspace very much appreciated..........I would like to know how to get music onto my blog, been playing around with it all afternoon but not quite got there yet so watch this space !!

Madly into "vintage" altho  when I started my collections in 1979/80 it was "antique" not vintage and anything less than 100 years old was frowned upon........I remember well lots of fellow traders telling me they woudnt give "bin-space" to my collections of Art Deco pottery but who had the last laugh on that one !!........I much prefer "vintage" and no snottyness about what era you collect........personally my tastes are varied and if I like something it sure doesnt matter to me what era it comes from........not much in our house is new apart from the obligatory white goods and computers ofcourse, all tvs are hid in cabinets (apart from the widescreen I finally gave into in the childrens tv snug  ).........we cook daily either from a vintage 1940's solid fuel rayburn or my beloved cream new world gas cooking range so you can see I am totally bonkers !!
My collections range from kitchenalia which is my big love,  to virtually anything you can imagine furniture, linens, quilts, jewellery, vintage clothes etc etc..........I mainly love Art Deco lady figures and lamps whilst hubbies soft spot is his bakelite radios and telephones the later of which he has been collecting, restoring and selling for over 20 yrs...........hes been doing a 3-day show in Llangollen Wales since friday so I await with bated breath what treasures he may bring home, no doubt something will have caught his eye ........

Well I hope to give this blog a more professional look over the coming weeks so do call back and see how I'm getting along............all suggestions on a post card please !! lol 


A quick piccie of my beloved gas cooking range although the kitchen has changed since this photo and with four children at home for the summer its certainly not that tidy this week !!  


No comments:

Post a Comment